Website of online Visa Page Sri Lanka
Foreign participants should obtain Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). For more information please visit the official website of the department of immigration and Emigration of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka.
How to come to the conference venue from Katunayake airport
The distance from Katunayake airport to Trincomalee is nearly 256 kilometers. The best options for travel are available from Colombo the capital city which is only 33 kilometers.
Train leaves to Trincomalee at 6.15am, 7.15 pm and 8.00 pm from fort station – Colombo. Approximate travel time to reach trincomalee is 6 hours.
How to get to the conference venue from Trincomalee Central Bus Stand
Travel options to reach conference venue from Trincomalee bus – stand.
- Government buses (CTB – route number 900/1): destination – Konesapuri – available for every one hour from 7.00am to 7.00 pm.
- Three Wheeler (Tuk Tuk): approximate fare – Rs. 500.00
- Travel by route buses (Pulmudai bus): Destination – Nilaveli, Irakakandy, Thiriyaya); get down at 6th mile post (Campus Junction – approximate bus fare is Rs. 30.00 ). Hire a Three Wheeler (Tuk Tuk) to reach Trincomalee Campus. approximate fare for Three wheeler – Rs. 100.00
Some important places to visit in Trincomalee
- Trincomalee Natural Harbour
- Fort Frederick
- Koneswaram Kovil
- Eagles’ Golf Links
- Marble Bay
- Kanniya Hot Wells
- Nilaveli Beach
- Pigeon Island
- Lanka Patuna
- Welgam Vihara
Some other important places to visit in Batticaloa
- Batticaloa Lagoon
- Mamangam Pillaiyar Temple
- Dutch Fort
- Kallady Beach
- Thiruchendur Murugan Alayam Temple
- Batticaloa Lighthouse
- Blel Centre &Eco-Park
- Kalkudah and Pasikudah Beaches